Monday, July 07, 2008

ChickLitGurrl Interviews Steeple Hill Love Inspired Author Margaret Daley

Today, over at CHICKLITGURRL: high on LATTES & WRITING, I interview Steeple Hill Love Inspired author Margaret Daley, who talks to me about her latest book FAMILY EVER AFTER and writing.





CHECK OUT THE EXCERPT BELOW!


CLG: What was the initial spark that brought FAMILY EVER AFTER into being?

MD: It started with a concept I had for a series about foster children and parents. I taught school for twenty-seven years and saw many situations where children were hurting because of their home life. I wanted to explore various situations children find themselves in. The first book was out in 2007 called ONCE UPON A FAMILY and the second one was out in December 2007 called HEART OF THE FAMILY. The series centers around three foster brothers who remained close after they left their foster home. They start the Henderson Project to help foster children. The fourth book, SECOND CHANCE FAMILY, will be out in July 2009. This is Whitney’s story (Noah’s sister).


CLG: What have you done and what are you doing - as author - to help promote FAMILY EVER AFTER?

MD: I have a web site I update monthly as well as a blog that is drawing some attention from readers. I love to interview different writers about their books. I have a drawing each week on my blog for my guest author’s book. I also participate in the Steeple Hill forums at eharlequin.com. I have spoken to several groups from a church to a writer’s conference.




CLG: FAMILY EVER AFTER is published by Steeple Hill Love Inspired; why do you feel yourself drawn to writing inspirational stories?

MD: It’s a natural for me. I have a strong faith, and I believe hope is paramount to us. Without hope, what do we really have? My faith gives me that hope. Also, I love exploring different aspects of human nature.



To check out the ENTIRE interview, head over to (CHICKLITGURRL) now! Don't forget to comment! Let us know you were there!

No comments: