Monday, July 14, 2008

ChickLitGurrl Interviews Urban Christian Author Shana Burton

Today over at ChickLitGurrl: high on LATTES & WRITING, I'm interviewing Shana Burton whose novel, SUDDENLY SINGLE, was released through Urban Christian.



Check out an excerpt of the interview!


EXCERPT




CLG: What's your favorite thing about SUDDENLY SINGLE?
SB: I love my two main female characters. Vashti (bless her heart) really makes me feel good about my failed relationships because I know that my love life will never be as tragic as hers. I love reading about characters that I don't have to be jealous of. Monique is great, too. She was really fun to create because she says whatever she feels and has some of the best lines in the book. She is definitely a scene stealer!


CLG: You're going on vacation, and you're only allowed to take three books with you -- what are they?
SB: The Bible, Their Eyes Were Watching God, Native Son


CLG: The main character of SUDDENLY SINGLE, 26-year-old Vashti Hunter is left at the altar and vows to be married within a year. Why do you think women - from young to old - still feel this incompleteness about themselves that only marriage can provide? Or do you think they do?
SB: I think a lot of them do for various reasons. When I was single, I had a son, so I didn't want to be out dating a plethora of guys. I wanted stability for myself and my son, and marriage gave me that. Being the type of person that I am, I don't think I would've felt complete without a family. By the same token, I also have friends who are looking for "financial completeness" and having two incomes provide that. Some want social status, and some are just tired of being alone. Then, of course, there are those who feel "complete" as they are and just see marriage as the icing.



Want to read the rest of the interview? Then head over to ChickLitGurrl NOW (LINK)!

No comments: