Monday, June 08, 2009

Reigning Supreme with Author Samara King

Head over to ChickLitGurrl: high on LATTES & WRITING where I interview a dear sisterfriend and wonderful writer, SAMARA KING!







Reigning Supreme with Author Samara King








About PULSE:


What’s a woman to do when she discovers she used to be married to a spy?


Cassidy Raleigh Sebastien has learned to live without her ex Gabriel, that is until he returns to New Orleans and sweeps back into her life one night during a masquerade party. She has no plans on letting Gabe see the desire that still makes her heart pound, especially when a mysterious stranger beats him to the punch.


Gone are the days of playing spy for former agent, Gabe Sebastien. His only mission: to reconquer Cassidy’s heart and he’ll start with his own covert

operation of seduction.




INTERVIEW EXCERPT

CLG: How important is it for a writer to "grow"...and what does growth mean to you as a writer?
SK: Growth is part of the writing journey in my opinion. My writing style now has varied from the work I currently have out – it has broaden which I believe readers will see from my upcoming works. Growth means always placing yourself in a position to learn.




CLG: You've moved into poetry over the last year, and I've had the pleasure of reading them - deep, powerful. What do you get from writing your poetic pieces?
SK: Poetry is a big part of who I am. The words come to me embedded with life experiences, passing thoughts. Poetry for me is born from every breath I take and I learn something different each time. It has helped me step outside my comfort zone and expose another level of my creative self.




To read the rest of Samara's interview and check out Samara's poetic skill, head to ChickLitGurrl: high on LATTES & WRITING!




ChickLitGurrl: high on LATTES & WRITING
Chocolate-caramel lattes + Women writers = ONE GREAT TIME!
[chicklitgurrl.blogspot.com]



Leave comments!

No comments: