Monday, June 15, 2009

Every Day She's Hustling: Author Ni'cola

Head over to ChickLitGurrl: high on LATTES & WRITING where I interview a new author on the scene, Ni'cola!







Every Day She's Hustling: Author Ni'cola








About Over and Over Again:


At first glance, 27-year-old Dionni Stone, owner of Whatever You Like Entertainment seems to have what all black women desire: natural beauty, a successful business, and a beautiful black man on her side. Until…

Dionni has found the love of her life – once again – in a compromising situation. For Dionni, this is the final heart break. With the love and support of her family and friends, she concentrates on her business, and it’s there she meets new client, Xavier “Zay” Grey, an investment banker that hires her to plan a surprise graduation party for his baby sister. Timidly, Dionni begins to think she might have found “the one” for her, but a devastating secret finds her world once again shaken. It also finds her back in the arms of an unlikely man, and even more pain than even she could imagine.

Over and Over Again is a funny and sensual tale that weaves between lies and love, deceit and truth, teaching Dionni the ultimate meaning of what is honesty, passion, and friendship.



INTERVIEW EXCERPT

CLG: NI'COLA: THE SOUNDTRACK. What are three tracks that would HAVE to make it onto the soundtrack of your life and why?

Ni'cola: The first song would be Beauty by Dru Hill. I believe Beauty comes from the inside. I will do anything for anyone. I go the extra mile at all times. One thing that I am complimented on is how well I treat others. I believe those attributes is what makes a person beautiful.


The second would be No More Rain (In this cloud) by Angie Stone. Just like anyone else in life, I have been through a plethora of trials and tribulations. I had to decide that I was going to be stop letting life harbor me, and press forward. So I consider the cloud me and my life, and I had to learn to stop crying and start living up to the potential that I know that I have. I’m only half way there though. The storm tends to come, but I do not allow for the rain to develop.


The last song would be Queen of the Pack by Patra. Being from Jamaica, I know all about struggle. But I had to let people know that I am not accepting anything. The song compares life to a pack of cards. It basically states that I am telling you what I am about, and I am not going back on my word. What ever life brings, I will come out on top, and be the Queen of the pack. I make my own destiny, so you better watch out.




CLG: You are indie publishing OVER AND OVER AGAIN through your company NCM Publishing; did you attempt to publish through traditional publishing routes? If so, how was that journey?

Ni'cola: Yes, I did attempt to publish through the traditional, but I am very impatient. By the time I began receiving feedback from a traditional publisher, I was already half way through with self-publishing.


I really have not had any major issues with self publishing. In fact, I believe that this was the best route for me. I prayed about it and jumped in head first. I know this is what I am supposed to be doing because everything has gone smoothly from day one.




To read the rest of Ni'cola's interview, head to ChickLitGurrl: high on LATTES & WRITING!




ChickLitGurrl: high on LATTES & WRITING
Chocolate-caramel lattes + Women writers = ONE GREAT TIME!
[chicklitgurrl.blogspot.com]



Leave comments!

No comments: