Saturday, May 23, 2009

"Really Real" Love with Author J. J. Murray



For the month of May, All the Blog's a Page (AtBaP) proves that love IS color blind as we feature authors of interracial romance!



This week, we spotlight acclaimed author J. J. Murray!


The first time I saw J. J.'s picture, I have to admit I was shocked. I was used to African American female writers telling the stories of multicultural love. But then I read Renee and Jay. And then I read Renee and Jay 2. And then I read Something Real. And then I read the other books, and I realized two things: Murray's a good storyteller, and what I enjoy the most from his writing is my ability to see he wants to tell a good love story (no matter the color).



J. J.'s Latest





J.J. is a rare breed. He might actually be the only white male author who exclusively writes IR novels, and of course, because of this, I had to pose the following question: "How have readers taken to your work and to you as a white male author of IR?"

Murray replied, "I may be the only one! People generally squint at me a lot at readings for some reason, as if I'm not quite in focus. I sometimes open readings with, "You were expecting someone else?" I have been told that I couldn't possibly be J. J. Murray at writer's conferences--I even had to show ID. I once stood up from a signing in North Carolina to stretch my legs, and my wife signed books for me as J. J. Murray without anyone being the wiser. (I'm such a ghost sometimes). So many readers write to me after reading my books to tell me they didn't know I was a white man, some (not all) of them adding that it didn't matter a bit. I just hope and pray that I can touch a few hearts, pull a few heartstrings, release a few tears, and unleash some laughter in reader's lives. I hope readers smile when they've read the last word."


To read the rest of J. J. Murray's comments on interracial romance and to read an excerpt of Too Much of a Good Thing, head to All the Blog's a Page!

And while there, check out this month's features with authors Tressie Lockwood and Marie Rochelle!


ALL THE BLOG'S A PAGE (AtBaP) - Where everything relates to writing

[http://alltheblogsapage.blogspot.com]

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interracial Amour is where love transcends race. Visit us at www.interracialamour.com

Internet business at home automated system said...

Why do not you try to make money on the web!
Even if you do not know anyone
No friends, relatives, neighbors, or ... ..
Our system will help you find business partners
Start a free trial experience of automatic network system, visit the website
http://sn.im/vemma_usa
Thank you for your time reading, do not give up the chance to even know, know no loss to you!

M. Daniyal Iqbal said...

Good Work! Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball z and Dragon ball GT Remastered Seasons Episode Saga Watch At http://www.livedragonballz.weebly.com

M. Daniyal Iqbal said...

SEO Stand For Search Engine Optimization. it most important to Traffic.
Get Free Seo Button and Traffic
Google Bot Visit Button
Yahoo Bot Visit Button
Msn Bot Visit Button
Page Rank
Google Indicator
SEO Monitor
Hits Counter