Sunday, March 22, 2009

Unlocking the Diary of Author Nikki Urban: The Interview





Unlocking the Diary of Author Nikki Urban








About Jade's Diary:


Jade's Diary is a tale of a dead woman's diary that is left to her daughter Mikleah. As Mikleah reads her mother's diary, she turns the pages of her mother's secret life that includes sex, lust, lies, betrayal, and vengeance.


Mikleah learns from her mother's diary of the father she never knew and of a long lost sibling. Jade's daughter also learns she has been having an incestuous relationship with the sister that she never knew and learns to what extent her mother would go through to get what she wanted-her lover's wife.


The diary exposes the many secrets of Jade's lovers, which leads to death and imprisonment.




INTERVIEW EXCERPT




CLG: You walk into a movie theater and there's a movie poster for JADE'S DIARY: SEX, LIES, LUST, BETRAYAL, VENGEANCE. What's the logline?
NU: Unlock the Diary! What are your secrets? Remember, all secrets have consequences…


CLG: NIKKI URBAN: THE SOUNDTRACK. What are three tracks that would HAVE to make it onto the soundtrack of your life?
NU: There are so many songs that I could name to describe my life and who I am. But, if I had to have the ultimate soundtrack of my life the three tracks that I would choose would be: 1) I’m Every Woman by Chaka Khan because I am that every woman. I can do all things. 2) Tender Roni by Bobby Brown because once you meet me, you will never forget me, and I always make my father feel proud. 3) Hustlin' by Rick Ross because I’m always hustling until I make it to where I want to be.


CLG: You are publishing JADE'S DIARY through Diamond Stone Productions. Talk to us about your role as a publisher; what have been some major things you've learned?
NU: My husband and I started DiamondStone Productions because I was not getting picked up by any traditional black publishers. In the process of starting Diamondstone Productions, I have learned that as publisher you must be a good negotiator and you must be involved in every aspect of the book process(writing, editing, book design, etc.). In addition, you should always have an abundance of books on hand and various outlets where your book can be sold at. Lastly, have a good accounting program on your computer and have a good marketing strategy. A good marketing strategy is key to the success of your book and publishing company. Once your publishing company is out there, vendors, readers, and other wholesalers will be more willing to take a chance with you. Reputation is key!




Check out the rest of Nikki Urban's interview @ ChickLitGurrl: high on LATTES & WRITING!





ChickLitGurrl: high on LATTES & WRITING

Chocolate-caramel lattes + Women writers = ONE GREAT TIME!

[chicklitgurrl.blogspot.com]





Leave comments!

No comments: