Sunday, February 15, 2009

Movies, YouTube, and Screenwriting with ScriptGirl

ChickLitGurrl: high on LATTES & WRITING has a new look and a new interview!

Come hang out and read my latest interview with YouTube sensation, ScriptGirl - who talks about screenwriting, movies, and more!








Check out the excerpt below!



CLG: Now that you are a YouTube celebrity, are you planning to use your ScriptGirl image to benefit your career, and if so, how?
SG: Well it’s odd. A lot of opportunities have come my way due to ScriptGirl, but they don’t necessarily jibe with my career goals as a screenwriter. I’ve been offered some TV hosting gigs and those folks could not care less about some brilliant rom-com I have in my car. Likewise, the producers I meet with aren’t the least bit impressed by my Internet alter ego. In fact, I think it may actually diminish my credibility. Well, that and the fact that I tend to show up at meetings late, inebriated, and wildly belligerent! (laughs maniacally)


CLG: What are three pieces of advice you would offer to those wanting to break into screenwriting?
SG: Make friends with rejection. The numbers are always going to be against you. That’s a fact, Jack.

Optimize all opportunities, big and small. Actually, just assume they’re all big.


Write from your heart. But get a good agent or manager to handle your business. Financially raping writers is a sport to producers. Like golf or polo.



Head to ChickLitGurrl: High on Lattes & Writing now to read the rest of ScriptGirl's interview!


About CLG: Since 2005, ChickLitGurrl has been a place to talk to women writers about writing, craft, inspiration, and anything and everything else that falls into being a female writer. Nearly 70 women writers have been interviewed, to include Carly Phillips, Bernice McFadden, Lauren Baratz-Logsted, Mary Castillo, Jennifer Banash, and Paula Chase-Hyman. In '09, CLG branches out to include ALL women of words - scriptwriters, freelance writers, novelists, essayists, memoirists, and more! In addition to the interviews, you'll also find information on writing-related news and tips.

No comments: