Friday, February 27, 2009

Get Lost in Author Sandy Lo and Her Debut Novel, LOST IN YOU





Get Lost in Author Sandy Lo and Her Debut Novel, LOST IN YOU: Interview








About Lost in You:


Cooper Jackson is a twenty-five year old woman, who shuts down in relationships. Burdened by her mother’s failed love life and her untimely death, Cooper won’t allow her heart to get broken, or stolen, either. A chance meeting with a famous singer, Ryan Latham could change Cooper forever. She finds herself wanting to give her heart to Ryan…one problem: he’s engaged. To divert her attention, Cooper throws herself into a relationship with Ryan’s best friend, JT, a man just as unstable as she is. Lost In You is a coming of age love story for a slightly older generation; it’s about finding yourself, overcoming your past, and building a future.




INTERVIEW EXCERPT




CLG: You're strutting down the street - sexy, happy, and confident - what song is playing in your mind?
SL: "These Boots Are Made For Walking" by Jessica Simpson


CLG: Do you have a standard process to your writing? Are you a plotter or a pantser?
SL: I'm definitely more of a pantser. I could get the smallest idea for a story and just go with it. I'll admit, it's not very conventional or easy at times, but it works best for me. I have tried outlining and by the time I'm finished outlining everything, I either wind up straying from the plan anyway or get bored with the storyline altogether.


CLG: What are you doing to promote and market LOST IN YOU?
SL: I have been doing interviews with various newspapers, websites and magazines. I've also been promoting myself on Facebook and MySpace as well as setting up fan chats. In April, I will be doing a book signing at Barnes & Noble in my hometown of Staten Island, NY, so I'm really excited about that. Word of mouth has been very helpful thanks to my friends and family who have been spreading the word. Also, running my own magazine helps since celebrities have been nice enough to take pictures with LOST IN YOU.




Check out the rest of Sandy Lo's interview @ ChickLitGurrl: high on LATTES & WRITING!





ChickLitGurrl: high on LATTES & WRITING

Chocolate-caramel lattes + Women writers = ONE GREAT TIME!

[chicklitgurrl.blogspot.com]





Leave comments!

No comments: