Monday, December 15, 2008

YA Author Coe Booth Talks to ChickLitGurrl



ChickLitGurrl Talks to young adult author Coe Booth about her latest novel, KENDRA!






INTERVIEW EXCERPT



CLG: Both KENDRA and your debut novel, TYRELL are young adult novels - what initiated your desire to write novels for teens [and for those who love a good read]?

CB: I’ve always wanted to write for teens. Even when I was writing my little pretend “novels” in elementary school, the main characters were always teenagers. The teen years have always held a special place for me. I guess it’s because there’s so much going on then, so many important decisions and so many heightened emotions. I find it very exciting to write about teens because they go through so many experiences, and often for the first time.



CLG: You're walking down the street and you feel like a million bucks - what song plays in the background?

CB: “Single Ladies” by BeyoncĂ©. That song always makes me laugh!


CLG: Many people believe that good writers are also voracious readers. What are three of your favorite books, and why do they make the list?

CB: My favorite books are THEIR EYES WERE WATCHING GOD by Zora Neale Hurston, THE SOUND AND THE FURY by William Faulkner, and OF MICE AND MEN by John Steinbeck. I love books with real characters and authentic dialogue, and in all three of these books the characters are unforgettable and the dialogue just jumps off the page. These books are REAL!



Check out the rest of Coe Booth's interview @ ChickLitGurrl: high on LATTES & WRITING!



ChickLitGurrl: high on LATTES & WRITING
Chocolate-caramel lattes + Women writers = ONE GREAT TIME!
[chicklitgurrl.blogspot.com]



Leave comments!

No comments: