Monday, November 17, 2008

CLG Talks with Writer, Educator, and Entrepreneur Zulmara Cline!





ChickLitGurrl Talks to writer, educator, and entrepreneur Zulmara Cline!





INTERVIEW EXCERPT




CLG: I read that you co-write bilingual children's books; what moved you to write in this genre?


ZULMARA: I have been working with educating children all my life and I have such a strong place in my heart for bilingual and biliterate children because I feel they bring life skills with them to the educational arena that are not admired, appreciated, and nurtured. I want to change all that.


CLG: You are, indeed, an EVERYWOMAN. You're working on children's books. You've written and published short stories. And you also run your own company, EZ Bilingual. What was the inspiration that led to this company's inception?


ZULMARA: The inspiration was the desire to make a difference in the world of dual language education. I realized that both parents and teachers needed more support to help their children learn a second language and I wanted to use original tales that children could listen to over and over again in both languages. When I met Eduardo, a writer in Nicaragua, our partnership was born. We started chatting and realized we shared similar interests as writers and he became my Spanish support.


CLG: What first attracted me to you were your "Journaling for the Creative Mind: Discovering Your Inner Diva" blogs at your page on Art by Latina Artists. Where did the idea for the blogs come from?


I have always journaled and have always taught it as a way of helping students become better writers and to get in touch with their essence. I feel that journaling is a powerful outlet for anger, healing, love, and positive karma. It is through our writing that we can get in touch with our spirits and be connected to our purpose and give our lives meaning. That is why I stress that journaling does not have to be original writing, but can be pictures, quotes, lyrics, or poems--whatever moves you, will help you get in touch with that inner core that drives you.


The idea from the blogs came from the journaling workshops I have conducted where I work with getting participants to free themselves up and start having a conversation with themselves.





Check out the rest of Zulmara Cline's interview @ ChickLitGurrl: high on LATTES & WRITING!







ChickLitGurrl: high on LATTES & WRITING

Chocolate-caramel lattes + Women writers = ONE GREAT TIME!

[chicklitgurrl.blogspot.com]





Leave comments!

No comments: