Monday, October 06, 2008

ChickLitGurrl Talks with YA Author Paula Chase



ChickLitGurrl Talks to young adult author Paula Chase-Hyman about her latest Del Rio Bay novel, THAT'S WHAT'S UP!






INTERVIEW EXCERPT

CLG: What themes, topics will readers find within the pages of THAT'S WHAT'S UP?

PCH: That’s What’s Up! is all about frenemy’s, forbidden relationships and making choices about who we call friend.

CLG: What are THREE adjectives that best describe YOU?
PCH: Passionate, focused, driven

CLG: INSIDE YOUR MP3: What THREE TRACKS are you loving right now and why?
PCH: Ooh tough because when it comes to faves it’s all about my mood. But the three songs I love right now, this very moment are:

Whatever You Like by T.I. – I love this jam. It’s the softer side of T.I. but still with his southern edge. I can’t listen to it without moving. It’s infectious like that.

Burnin’ Up by Jonas Brothers – Overall, I’m not loving the group and don’t entirely get the craze. But I have a 14-year-old and a four-year-old and they both love these guys. Burnin’ Up was the only track I heard and liked immediately. The guys tend to over-sing but it’s the cheesiness in the over-singing of this song that I adore. It’s what old folks would say is a catchy little ditty. LOL

Here I Stand by Usher – It’s the new and grown Usher and it’s nice. I don’t think this CD is getting the attention it deserves simply because Usher’s music has changed since he got married and became a father. But I hope he hangs in there and doesn’t do the R. Kelly thing – which is try to sing younger than he is. You can’t be 25 forever!

Now I feel bad because I didn’t give any of the female artists love. So I can sneak in a fourth and say I really like Mariah Carey’s I’ll Be Loving You Long Time? It samples an old Debarge jam, so I loved it as soon as I heard it, for that alone.


To learn more about Paula and THAT'S WHAT'S UP!, head over to CHICKLITGURRL: high on LATTES & WRITING!


ChickLitGurrl: high on LATTES & WRITING
Chocolate-caramel lattes + Women writers = ONE GREAT TIME!
[chicklitgurrl.blogspot.com]



Leave comments!

No comments: